Creating Your First Resume: A Step-by-Step Guide to Write Your First Competitive Resume
(as of Jun 23,2021 11:01:34 UTC – Details)
Creating Your First Resume is used at high school and technical school programs nationwide. The new edition boasts brand new resume samples that represent the push toward STEM technical programs to provide training and certifications for high school students. In addition, the new book offers many realistic resume samples that will help students of all paths write a first resume that fits their needs.
- Incredible resume designs to make your resume stand out
- How to get started writing and find the right format for you
- Learn to add the big three to stand out: Accomplishments, Keywords, and Skills
- How to write a cover letter and apply for jobs correctly
- Tips for the interview and following up on your application
Creating an attention-grabbing first resume is the best thing you can do for your future, and we will show you how to do it! This straightforward guide takes you through each level, from starting your first draft to talking with your new employer about your job offer.
INCLUDES 14 REAL-LIFE, EYE-CATCHING SAMPLES OF FIRST RESUMES:
- College Acceptance Resumes
- Technical School / Certification Program Resumes
- Internship Resumes
- Job Resumes
- Military Service Resumes
- Federal Resumes
- Independent Book Publishers Association 2016 Benjamin Franklin Book Award Gold Medal: Interior Design 1-2 Color
- Winner Foreword Reviews’ 2015 INDIEFAB Book of the Year Award
- Independent Publisher Book Awards Bronze Medal in Reference Category
- 2016 Bronze Medal Winner Global eBook Awards in Categories: Education and Careers/Employment
About The Author
KATHRYN TROUTMAN is the leading expert in federal resume writing. President of The Resume Place® and creator of the Ten Steps to a Federal Job®, Kathryn is an highly-recognized consultant, speaker, trainer, and author who has been helping people land new jobs for over 40 years.